So here's the thing, today's date is actually July 31st, 2009, not quite my birthday. I've now been home for two months and have finally decided to finish my blog so I can print it out and have it as a memory. I'm going to do my best to remember everything...
So April 18th Morgan and I returned from Paris around 11pm where we dropped off all of our bags and immediately sat down at the kitchen table (standard) with our laptops to catch up with the world. Jill's family had just left so she joined us and we were being incredibly, overtiredly silly catching up with eachother and the like.
Closer to midnight we were talking to Eric on skype when at midnight Jill pulls out a pistachio cake (my favorite that I usually have on my brithday. Well, let me tell you a little about this. Somehow the ever so amazing and crafty Jill figured out a way to work the oven, find a pan and bake me a cake which she covered in Pistachio gelato. SO GOOD!) Okay, so she pulls out a birthday cake and they all sing Happy Birthday to me. Then they pull out a bottle of champagne Jen had left for me since she was in Southern Italy with her family, so we popped that (quite a sight, let me tell you) and started the festivities. Still cracked out from Paris, we spent the rest of the night dancing around the apartment, drinking champagne (legally now?) and finally made it out the door around, um, 2am? We ended up at an American bar actually, where I shared a nice little salsa-ish dance with a skeezy old man, had some fun drinks, including a car bomb, and just having a great time with the girls. When the night ended it was quite convenient that the bar was only around the corner from our flat because we were quite exhausted.
Overall my birthday was fantastic, I think it's so cool I can say I turned 21 in Italy... even though everyone's response is always, "does it really matter there?" My crafty family and whimsical boyfriend all sent me cards and pictures of presents that really made me smile. Thank you everyone who wished me a happy birthday, and to all those who forgot, well, there's always next year ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment